You Have Less Than A Year with Windows 7
365 Days and Counting
All the rumors are true. Microsoft is going to discontinue support for our beloved Windows 7. We have less than one year (365 days) before Windows 7 computers will stop receiving security update. The time for free upgrade to Windows 10 is over.
Whatever you decide to do, it is going to cost you money out of your pocket. We are given from Microsoft three options.
- If you decide on buying a new computer, it will cost $500 at the very least.
- You can upgrade your existing computer to Windows 10 home for $139, plus professional services to make sure data is no lost and done correctly
- Or you can keep you old Windows 7 computer and pray you don’t get infectected with malware.
In all reality, I see a couple other things happening:
- PC users are going to take a hard look a the Linux operating system. They will find it meats their needs and switch their computer to Linux Mint or Linux Ubuntu. Both offer the average user some good options.
- Instead of upgrading to Windows 10 they are going to switch over to a Mac computer. I really don’t see very many people doing this because is more expensive. Like $1,000 plus time to learn what makes Mac’s so unique.
For myself. I currently have one computer running Windows 10, another one with Windows 7, and two more running different versions of Linux. I most likely will keep the Windows 7 computer around because it has some unique programs on it.
What are you going to do come Janurary 14, 2020 will be put on life support for another three years?
I want to know. Leave you comments below or on my Facebook page or Twitter.